Author Alexis Scailquin
1. Set up lifestyle habits. Maybe not at 1 year old, but later it can be very useful. We get up at a specific time, we go to bed at a specific time, we eat at a specific time. Less uncertainty about part of his life makes it easier to handle the rest.
2. With a lot of support. A child needs his parents. Those who will tell you that you have to raise it the hard way are wrong. The more you will be present, the easier it will be to have security and comfort in case of problems, and the more daring it will be. It is not something that will increase his intelligence, but it will be positive on this personality. And a better personality can do more with equal intelligence. Remember, however, that your presence must serve as a rope and encourage him to explore further, so do not smother him.
3. Offer the child a good diet. Avoid the compotes loaded with sugar. Breastfeeding up to 2 years of age is recommended (gradually replacing milk with more nutritious ones). I leave you the 3000 dietary sites on the subject.
4. Do not avoid making noise when sleeping. This is precisely the opportunity to teach him to sleep despite some stimuli (do not do a rock concert next to him or her though).
5. Set up a point system. Good deeds and successes give points, bad deeds make them lose. Many points make it possible to obtain a reward. It’s a good education system because it’s very fluid. You can give reduce the frequency of rewards / punishments to register them in time (occasional learning) and give a proportionate response to a behavior (good or bad). Couple this with stories showing why such behavior is good, such behavior is bad and leads to bad consequences (vicarious learning) and voila! Above all, with this point system, you can give it the taste of work. Stains each time a little harder, a little longer, but bringing a little more. Excellent for self-confidence.
6. Encourage errors. Many people are paralyzed, preferring to do nothing but try and crash. Think of error as progress, as proof of an attempt, and as an opportunity to learn.
Well, it’s for his health and the mind in general, now, how to increase his abilities?
1. Remember that the child is learning. When you talk to him, imagine that you give him a class. Do not be too complicated. Aim for full sentences, but clear, if possible pictorial
2. Teach him a second language. Be careful, however, in the short term, he or she will lag behind other children (since he must learn two languages at the same time), do not hesitate to increase the input. I advise the German who has the advantage of being logical, or English, since in any case he will have to learn it.
3. Teach him very early to eat alone (although it will be very messy and very long at first). In addition to being better for his morale (it’s always nicer), he will acquire much faster motor skills.
4. Encourage sports activities. Contrary to what we think with the classic sports opposition – intellectual, the sport is very, very good for the brain. (except boxing)
5. When you explain something to him, go deep down. A partial knowledge is superficial is useless, even a dead weight for memory, when you teach him something, make sure he masters it. Insist on the causes and consequences. Important for logic. Tell yourself that knowing one thing is better than knowing partially five.
6. At the limit, learn how to code (very good for logic) or play an instrument (musical intelligence + motor). The brain develops from needs, so increase its needs in terms of intelligence, and it will become smarter. Pay attention for coding, too late will lead to a messy sleep, and sleep will be important.
From there you have a well balanced child, with good intelligence and solid foundation. But not a genius.
What makes a genius? The time spent training, and the energy put in it.
This is where we will have the first difficulty. If you force it too soon, and too long, you will discourage, and that will not make him or her a genius. If you go too slowly and too late, you will make someone talented but not too much.
My advice? Start slowly, and with varied activities but using a common base in terms of intelligence. There is a good chance that he or she will keep one of these activities and thus the abandoned practices will not have been totally useless.
Finally, watch out. Do not limit yourself to a single base of intelligence, remember that a good coder without creativity is only a tool, and that the greatest genius also need social intelligence. To finish: time is a precious thing, do not let your child waste it in front of the TV.